Friday 26 September 2014

The Secret Agent Challenge Chapter 1. Holly Maxwell and the Dynamic Duo

Hello and welcome to a new legacy! (Yes, again.)
Phew! i've been on hiatus for a long time now and now i'm finally able to settle back down into the whole
"Blogging" thing again. 
Without further adieu, allow me to explain what it is you are currently reading.
First of all, this is my own attempt at Simbiote's 'Secret Agent Challenge'. I have decided to share it with teh internetz because well it's the holidays and i'm bored. This will be heavily story-based rather than purely observational, and if you want to know what rules we're playing with, please check this out  -> http://www.simbiotegames.com/

















Here's a photo of me, It's from a few years ago.
 Back in my high-school days I wanted nothing more than to be a Games-Designer.
 I'm kind of a whiz at computers if I do say so myself,
 and I think I could've been good at it.
 I'm just a bit perceptive I guess.
Anyway, as I was saying, I was fresh out of college and was looking for a job.
I needed a break first though, so I decided to move in with my cousin, Cresida
and her Room-mate, Brutus. Things were great, to begin with.
Then everything changed. (That's Cresida below, by the way).













If I had to explain Cresida in a nutshell,
i'd definitely mention that not only is she incredibly lucky, 
but she's also a complete fitness-nut, and she's always staying up
 later than a kid hyped up on a tonne of caffeine
 It can be a total nightmare trying to get her to sit still.
No wonder why Brutus and her are such good friends.













Finally, we have Brutus Davies. He's kind of a weirdo.
 He's into all of that new-age hippie stuff and mostly spends his days
 meditating, eating, working out, and pranking.
 Brutas plays all kinds of jokes on Cresida and I.
Including but not limited to: Dye in the shampoo,
 Jump-scares, and hiding goddamn whoopee cushions hidden
in the couch.
It was one of his jokes that got us into this mess actually.
Maybe you think that i'm being un-necessarily harsh on the guy?
Well let me show you how this all started.





























Yeah, so one day Brutus stops his workout
 prematurely to use the computer.
He watches a lot of cartoons,
 and as usual he chooses to stream Archer. (Nothing fishy there).
Cresida and I were both downstairs playing a game of chess
(it's a Sunday arvo after all.)













It's not long after Brutus finishes watching the end of Archer: Vice
that he starts to get an idea for a prank.
This time it's not just a small, insignificant tainted shampoo bottle,
 but an idea for a prank that would knock the socks off
of his two room-mates.













When the preparations are complete,
Brutus goes back to working out.
And it isn't long before i'm called upstairs.













"Holly" he says. "Have I got a surprise for you."
I groaned before answering him,
"What is it this time, more dye in the shampoo bottle?"













"Oh let me guess there's a cobra in my bed isn't there??"
Brutus scoffed and walked back over to the computer.
"Just give it a chance, before you shut me down completely".
He snickered as I walked over to join him.













"Alright you big lug, what is it you wanted to show me?"
Brutus frowned. "Wait, this isn't right"...
"Someone's replied".
I peered over Brutus's shoulder and looked at the glowing white screen.
















"This is a joke, right Brutus?" I asked tentatively.
Brutus tone shifted to a more serious one before he replied
 "Well, Holly. It wasn't supposed to draw attention from anyone."
"I just set it up for the shits and giggles".
I snapped at him, "Jesus, Brute. Just shut the website down".
Brutus pleaded with me,  "Holly, wait."
"I know an opportunity when I see one".
"I could be an actual spy".













I rubbed my neck. This was a tough decision to make.
Brutus's puppy-dog eyes were getting to me.
"Alright buddy, go ahead."
 "But, don't think i'm going to let you do the talking". "I'll handle it".
Brutus sat back down in the computer chair.
"Fine". Did I mention she's willing to pay?".













"Well now, that just sweetens the deal doesn't it!"
I stormed out of the room, he was such an idiot!

The rest of the night passed uber-quickly.
Brutus found out the details of our 'client',
I played some more chess,
 and an appointment was booked with 'D', or Demetria as we later found out.

The fated appointment day arrived, and Brutus and I could not sit still.
Cresida had her head screwed on right though,
 and managed to inject a bit of routine into that anxious wait.
 Ahaha, she made lunch for us.













Demetria arrived just after 2pm.
 I took her down into the basement,
practically the only private part of our house.


























"Alright, so you're hear to talk about someone
  in your household right, Demetria?"
 "Mind if I call you Demi?",
"You just look more suited to Demi, rather than Demetria".
 "Sure." she said.
"Let's get started then shall we?"
"Umm, yeah."













"So, like, my Dad remarried, 
and he's completely head over heals for my step-mom Jocelyn."
"There's a problem though",
"She's like, totally only with him for my his money".
"I hear rumors around town..", "Can you find out for me if she's a cheater?"
I listened patiently, until Demi came to a complete stop.













"Look I want to help you, I really do.", "But you have to think about what you're doing." I said. "Is it wise to go looking for trouble?", "From what you've said, there isn't much to go on, is there?".
Our first client stared blankly at the ground before continuing.
"Look I know, to you I must be.... strange.", "I mean i've got blue hair, piercings, and I dress weirdly." "But I promise, I know deep down that she's hiding something." "My Dad deserves happiness, and I'm not letting this go until I know whether or not she's innocent." 
Demetria gazed at me pleadingly.
"I can pay you uh, in cash of course". 
I knew then, that I couldn't refuse.
 Even if the circumstances were unusual.















"Ms. Carnes, you have a deal".













Demetria smiled and thanked me,
 before I showed her the way out.
"We'll be in contact, within the week". I smiled.













It wasn't long before I settled back down in my favourite chair
 for a game of chess with Brutus.
"What's the plan, boss?"
I sighed, "First of all i'm not your boss."
"Second of all, what have you gotten us all into?"














"I know, it's insane. But it's my dream Holly."
"If your dream is to run around like Sterling Archer,
then I can see the appeal for you."
"But Brutus, i'm only going to say this once."
 "It's a cartoon.", "Are you sure you want to aspire to that?"
Brutus moved a pawn forward, "Of course."
...













Alright, first thing's first. 
You and Cresida are going to have to rummage 
around in the Twine-Carnes's garbage.
 Have Cresida keep a lookout or something.













"Cresida, are you keeping watch?"
"yeah man, it's taken care of, don't worry about it."
















"hahaha, dude after this is done,
 let's go grab a drink or something, keep the good times rolling".
"Cresida!"













Then, you need to infiltrate the house and 
distract whoever meets you so that 
Cresida can put a hidden camera in the house....
"So, your name's Duke." "What else have you got going for you?"
"Jocelyn, there's a strange dude and his freaky, what was it? sister?"
"Yeah man, Carly's my sister".
By the time you finish that, I'll be in bed. 
We'll check the feed in the morning to make sure it's up and running. 
While you're both out, you also need to get
 Cresida to swipe one of their lawn ornaments, preferably a light.
 For outdoor surve- 
"Oh, my God."













*cough* *splutter*













*Now. That. was too close*













Holly? are you alright? where are you? over.
I'm fine Brutus, just get home.













"This is so not happening." "Oi!",  "Cresida!".













"Forget it. i'm going back to sleep."
*grumble* "no video feed, no audio, stupid, stupid Brutus". 

















*Meditates*













"Hey... Sleepyhead."
"Brutus, what do you want?"
"nothing, just making sure you're okay."
"what's the plan, boss?"
"I'm fine, thanks"













"Wait".
"I could've died last night,
and the second thing you ask me is what's the plan?"














"Brutus, do you realise how stupid that is?"
"Holly, calm down. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be insensitive.
Come sit out on the couch with me
and we'll talk things through while Cresida fixes the computer".













"So my plan is,
while Cresida gets the pc up and running again.
To go out and befriend Ms. Jocelyn".













"I Will. Literally. Charm the pants off of her."
"Brutus, do you even know what she looks like?"













"It won't take that long for Cresida to fix the computer.
 She's pretty handy actually".
"I thought you were the tech guru around here?"
"Yeah, but with software and programming Brutus".













"Its going to take me hours guys.
 And that's with a whole lotta caffeine and motivation."













"Okay, Fine." Go chat Jocelyn up."
..."Okay...."













"Hey, you're the guy from last night right?"
"Yeah, that's me alright haha."













"Look, i'd love to ask you to dinner." "But i'm flat broke".
"Say no more, handsome."
"Just follow me and we'll cook something at my house".













"Hey, Holly! Am I awesome or what?", 
"I got the video-feed working again".
"I'll be right there!"
"Woah! Brutus is pulling out all the stops for little ol' Joyce!".
"Wait. Let me see that!".



























"Thank-God there's no audio". "Euch"













"Now, that my little actor was a brilliant performance".
"Not entirely with out a little improvisation, Jocelyn".
*Sigh* "Well you'd better run along now."
"I expect my husband will be home soon".













"Hahahaha Holly!", "Look who caught little Miss Promiscuous!",
"bwhahaha."
"Where's Brutus?"
probably on his way out through the back window
 hahahahaha













"Hahahahaha." "Oh Brutus, you should have seen the footage we got."
"Cresida! be serious." "Did you mail it?"













"Ow!", "I did, actually".














*Who's awesome?, I'm awesome!*
















"Alright. I give up."
"That's what I thought".













Demetria arrived later that night. I really wish I could've
 given her some good news.













"I got the tape in the mail". "It's true, isn't it?",
she was close to tears.
"Why, don't you come inside?".













I could see on that little girl's face how much Jocelyn's
infidelity had weighed upon her.
She unwrinkled her brow, straightened up, and simply
walked out of the door.













Sometimes, I wonder if what we're doing is the right
thing. Claiming that we're helping people is nice enough,
but I know if we continue down this path, people are
going to get hurt..

-Holly Maxwell





1 comments:

Greenzelda said...

Argh! if anyone could teach me how to format with this thing that would be awesome. xD

Post a Comment